||Hon’ble Mr. Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry
||Chaudhry Jan Muhammad
|Date of Birth :
||54-B Zarghon Road, Quetta.
||Judge, Supreme Court of Pakistan, Constitutional Avenue, Islamabad
- Started Practice as Advocate in the year 1974.
- Enrolled as Advocate High Court in the year 1976.
- Enrolled as Advocate Supreme Court in the year 1985.
- Appointed as Advocate General Balochistan in the year 1989.
- Elevated as Addl: Judge High Court of Balochistan in the year 1990.
- Confirmed as Judge High Court of Balochistan in the year 1993.
- Appointed as Chief Justice High Court of Balochistan on 22nd April 1999.
- Elevated as Judge Supreme Court of Pakistan on 4th February 2000.
- Appointed as Chief Justice Pakistan on 30th June 2005.
Fields/Subjects of Practice as Advocated:
Practiced as Advocate in all fields/subjects i.e.Constitutional, Criminal, Civil, Tax,Revenue, etc.
- Elected as President High Court Bar Association,Quetta.
- Elected twice as Member Bar Council.
- Besides functioning as Judge High Court of Balochistan, Quetta discharged duties as Banking Judge Special Court for Speedy Trials, Judge Customs Appellate Court as well as Company Judge.
- Appointed as Chairman Balochistan Local Council Election Authority in the year 1992 and thereafter for second term in the year 1998.
- Appointed as Chairman Provincial Review Board for the Province of Balochistan on the recommendations of Hon’ble Chief Justice of Pakistan.
- Appointed twice as Chairman of Pakistan Red Crescent Society Balochistan by Government of Balocistan.
- Nominated by Hon’ble Chief Justice of Pakistan as Chairman, Enrolment Committee of Pakistan Bar Council.
- Appointed as Judge Incharge Supreme Court Staff Welfare Committee by the Hon’ble Chief Justice.
International visits as Chief Justice of Pakistan:
- Attended 22nd Biennial Congress on the Law of the World held in Beijing & Shanghai, China in September, 2005.
- Participated in International Conference and Showcase on Judicial Reforms held in Philippines in November, 2005.
- Visited United Kingdom in February, 2006 in connection with The UK-Pakistan Judicial Protocol on Children Matter.