Agreements drafted at Masood & Masood for our clients here in Pakistan and around the world have unique edge in that they are:
- Clear and concise;
- Well thought out and organized, with headings and “white space” for ease of reading;
- Logical numbering system to assist later when discussing parts of the agreement;
- Readable and understandable by the parties;
- Aiming for certainty of meaning;
2. Acceptable & Objective Oriented
- As simple as possible while still expressing the intention of the parties and protecting each party’s interests;
- Achieves all parties’ reasonable expectations and accurately reflects the agreement the parties have reached.
3. Legal Correct
- Makes sure Offer and Acceptance occur while a consideration can be defined. it is through the exchange of “good and valuable consideration” that an agreement becomes enforceable
- Avoid Contra proferendum – if a court ever has to interpret an ambiguity in the agreement, it is usually construed in favour of the party who did not draft it, as there is an assumption that the drafting party is at somewhat of an advantage.
- Prepared on the basis on prevalent legislation and case law, to reinforce the legal position.
4. Certainty of subject matter and terms
- An agreement may well be unenforceable in spite of offer, acceptance and consideration if the subject matter or important terms of the agreement are vague or ambiguous, giving rise to disagreement between the parties as to what was actually agreed upon.
5. Factually Correct
- conducting the necessary investigations such as Land Title Office searches, Corporate Registry searches, Personal Property Registry searches, Court Registry searches, Appraisals, inspections, environmental assessments, structural assessments, reference checks, personal interviews and so on to make the agreement factually correct be appropriate or necessary?
6. Legal Liability & Tax Implication
- Make sure minimal fall backs and the agreement is tax efficient at the same time.
If you get all the components right you get an agreement, well drafted, enforceable, objective oriented and legally valuable.
Masood & Masood offers to draft following agreements for our clients:
|Employee and Human Resources (HR) Agreement and Contracts|
|Consulting Agreements and Service Contracts||Contracting Agreements||Salaried or Hourly Employee Agreements|
|Recruiting Agreements||Training Agreements||Employment Agreements|
|Equipment and Asset Management Agreement and Contracts|
|Equipment Lease (Master and Sub)||Equipment Purchase||Lease vs. Buy Analysis|
|Repair and Maintenance Contracts||Equipment Schedule||Fleet Leases|
|Facilities Management Agreement and Contracts|
|Real Estate||Leasing||Lease vs. Buy Analysis|
|Repair and Maintenance Contracts|
|Government Agreement and Contracts|
|GPO Contracts||General Government Contracts|
|Healthcare Agreement and Contracts|
|Physicians Agreements||Hospital Agreements||Employment Agreements (Consulting, Recruiting, Training)|
|Clinical Contracts||Non-Clinical Contracts|
|Insurance Agreement and Contracts|
|Insurance License||Insurance Services|
|Intellectual Property (IP)|
|Information Technology (IT) Agreement and Contracts|
|IT Hardware Procurement||IT Hardware Sales||IT Hardware Resale|
|IT Software Procurement||IT Software Sales||IT Software Resale|
|IT Services||IT Software License Agreement||Service Level Agreements (SLA)|
|Legal Agreement and Contracts|
|Matter Management||Risk Management||General Legal Contracts|
|Lease vs. Buy Analysis||Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA)||Trademark Licensing|
|Intellectual Property Agreements (IP)|
|Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA)|
|Procurement, Purchasing, and Buy-Side Agreement and Contracts|
|Supplier Contracts||IT Hardware, Software, and Services||RFx (RFI, RFP, RFQ)|
|Equipment Purchase||Vendor Agreements||Supply Chain Contracts|
|Real Estate and Leasing Agreement and Contracts|
|Property Leasing||Master Leases||Sub Leases|
|Lease vs. Buy||Real Estate Agreements|
|Retail Agreement and Contracts|
|Purchasing Agreements||Sales Agreements||Broker Agreement|
|Design Agreement||Install Agreement|
|Sales or Sell-side Agreement and Contracts|
|Proposals||RFx (RFI, RFP, RFQ)||Sales Agreements|
|IT Hardware, Software, and Services||Vendor Agreements||Supplier Agreements|
|Services Agreement and Contracts|
|Consulting Service Contracts||IT Service Contracts||Maintenance Service Contracts|
|Repair and Maintenance Contracts||Service Level Agreements (SLA)||Administration Services|
|Strategic Agreements and Contracts|
|Partner Agreements||Non-disclosure Agreements (NDA)||Intellectual Property (IP)|
In case you are entering an arrangement and want to give it legal and moral cover, do let our team know so that they can draft a quality agreement for you.
[contact-form 1 “Contact form 1”]