Law is Noun and can be used a defined as follows:
1. Binding or enforceable rule: a rule of conduct or procedure recognized by a community as binding or enforceable by authority
2. Piece of legislation: an act passed by a legislature or similar body
3. Legal system: the body or system of rules recognized by a community that are enforceable by established process.
4. Control or authority: the control or authority resulting from the observance and enforcement of a community’s system of rules. “nobody is above the law.”
5. Branch of knowledge: the branch of knowledge or study concerned with the rules of a community and their enforcement. “went to school to study law”
6. Area of law: the body of law relating to a particular subject or area.
7. Lawyers: the legal profession
8. Legal action: legal action or proceedings
9. Law enforcement agent or agency: a person or organization responsible for enforcing the law, especially the police
10. General rule or principle: a general rule or principle that is thought to be true or held to be binding
11. Statement of scientific truth: a statement of a scientific fact or phenomenon that is invariable under given conditions. “the laws of physics”
13. Mathematical principle: a general relationship that is assumed or proved to exist between mathematical expressions.
Synonyms: rule, regulation, decree, act, edict, ruling, commandment, directive, bylaw
Synonyms: principle, theory, formula, rule